Friday, June 16, 2017

The BEST Daddy

Father's day is this weekend, and it has made me reflect back on the wonderful dad Garrett is to our Keaton.

The night I started having labor pains, Garrett stayed up with me from about midnight until 4 am when we decided to head to the hospital. He rubbed my back and talked me through contractions. He timed them on his phone and stayed calm for me. At the hospital He was awake by my side the whole time, anxious to meet our sweet little boy. I remember after 3 hours of pushing, He walked over to our brand new baby and turned around to look at me and said, "He's perfect". It's like I could see his heart explode by the look on his face. That was the best, being able to see him become a dad.

And from that moment on, he has been nothing short of the best dad ever. Keaton was born in the middle of Garrett's school semester. Gar was working full time and going to school full time. It was HARD on him, getting no sleep and then going to 14 hour work days. I did my best to let him sleep and I would take the night shift, but a lot of the times he would come into Keaton's room and say "I can't sleep, I just want to help". That's the kind of man he is, loving, caring, and gentle. He is my literal angel, my saving grace. I don't know how he did it with everything on his plate, but I could not be more grateful and blessed that he is ours. Luckily those sleepless nights came to an end!

Garrett is not only an amazing dad, but an amazing husband. There is nobody in this world that can comfort me the way he can. He knows just what to say and just how to make me feel better. I am so grateful for his patience with me. It can be very hard to deal with my anxieties as a mom.  It is a constant battle not just for me, but for him. He wants me to be happy, and that's why I love him so much.

Keaton LOVES his daddy! He gets a huge smile on his face when he walks through the door, and wants to show dad all his toys and play basketball with him. Every time I watch them play together my heart melts. I know Garrett will be a great example to Keaton throughout his whole life. we are SOOO lucky to have him! Happy Father's day!















No comments:

Post a Comment